Thursday, October 27, 2022

Admire The View

You don't need to deeply understand what I'm trying to do
All you need to keep in mind is that I'm never lying to you
You can come to me for knowledge, no need of buying a clue
I bare integrity and dignity so you can go relying it's true
Bet on me and at the least your money's multiplying by two
Don't give me respect, I take it, theres no denying my due
Masses are asses, so popular opinion, I'm defying that too
Once loved Christmas & the fat man who would fly down the flue
Life took my rose colored glasses, I stopped applying that hue
My body's gotten loose but my mind is sticking tighter than glue
Skulls are thick, my wit is sharp, and I stay driving it through
On this earth there aint a damn thing can transpire anew
My spirit's true, a unique blend, so take delight in the brew
My own man, I've loved my friends, but took no pride in a crew
I've gained every single insight I had been striving to knew
This man gained the qualities that as a kid I'd tried to accrue
A poet & philosopher, in two ways, these eyes are true blue
Used to be like a bird, in a draft wind, on the rise as it blew
Like Icarus my life hurts more due to how high that I flew
Even on my way to hell though, I can tell you, I'll admire the view

No comments:

Post a Comment

Admire The View

You don't need to deeply understand what I'm trying to do All you need to keep in mind is that I'm never lying to you You can ...